What is The Best Way to Grow Up?
Written by Temitope on February 17, 2021
- Move out of your parents’ house and start living alone, it doesn’t matter how big your new apartment will be. The point is living alone makes you take control over your own life. Strive for ‘’freedom from’’ to ‘’freedom to’’.
- Depending on your culture, being responsible comes with different meanings, but my best definition of responsibility is having the ability to respond to every challenges as they come your way. You grow up by facing challenges and conquering them.
- Wake up everyday with the mindset of ‘’I got nothing to lose’’. You don’t wake up everyday playing safe, nope you play hard and smart.
- Life is not meant to be really comfortable rather always get uncomfortable, because you grow through uncomfortability.
- Fail fast, learn from your failures fast. When you fail fast and learn, you grow, but when you dodge failure and keep safe, you remain the same.
- Makes friends with people that are way older than you, ask them questions and you will have no reason to learn hard the way with your own life. The most effective way of growing is learning from other people mistake.
- Wherever you are be present, stay present, drag your future into your present.
- Stay away from any blame games, you owe nobody any explanation about your failures and mistakes so why should you blame anyone for your predicaments in life? Remain tough!
- Develop strategy that will keep you going in life. This is the reason why you should always meditate, journal, make plans and follow those plans.
- The most effective way of not wasting time is finishing your unfinished business ‘’First thing first’’.
Credit: Sean Lana